... First person to implement some sort of .wav file in their page gets a bonus point.
Not worth it! Embedded sounds and whatnot on pages annoy the hell out of me for a few reasons:
1. My computer (the Ancient) does not have speakers. My baby usually has the volume turned all the way down because my siblings are demanding creatures who don't want me listening to music while they watch TV.
2. They. Kill. My. Computer. (the Ancient only. They just annoy my precioussss...)
3. Most of the time it's a cheesy MIDI. I'm sorry, no matter how good you are at composing music/no matter how cool the song is to start with, MIDIs sound BAD on the vast majority of computers. I've met maybe one person whose computer made a MIDI sound decent.
4. Every now and then, instead of a MIDI, someone will try to make the imbedded sound a WAV file. I want to brick them and I then make a point of never returning to the page so long as I live; leaving a note to my descendants telling them not to visit, either. WAVs tend to be either friggin' huge files, or really crappy quality. GRrrr, I say.
5. I've never heard a WAV or MIDI file on a webpage that was worth the time it took to download. Jeebus, people, if you're going to make me suffer while my computer freezes trying to handle your page, the least you can do is make it worth it. *twitch*