(1) The singular most boring question: what is your name? Jennifer Bravo. I go by Jenni.
(2) Are you happy with it? Sure. It's really a shame I'm not pretty or talented (though it would seem talent is optional, given the state of today's entertainment) because I have the perfect name for show business.
(3) Are you named after anyone? My mom says that she and my father named me Jennifer because it was the only name they could think of that they didn't associate with someone they disliked. I narrowly escaped being named Nicole.
(5) Your screenname: jennitheodd or some variation thereof.
(6) Would you name a child of yours after you? I see no reason to pollute the gene pool further with my genes. If my maternal instinct gets too strong and I magically become competent and capable of raising a child, I'll adopt. Unless that happens, Not Applicable.
(7) Then what would you name your children? N/A
(8)If you were born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name be? I have no idea.
(9) If you could switch names with a friend, who would that be? Possibly John or Drew, just to cause confusion.
(10) Are there any mispronounciations/typos that people do with your name constantly? I didn't think it was possible to mispronounce my name until a band parent called "Jenni BRAY-vo" during roll...
(11) Would you drop your last name if you became famous? My last name is probably the reason I'd be famous.
(12) Your sex: I'm either female, or I've been horribly deceived.
(13) Straight/gay/bi? Women are pretty to look at (sometimes) and I occasionally think I might like to have one as a pet, but I've never found myself romantically attracted to one. It's men for me.
(14) Single? Yep.
(15) Want to be? Very much so. Relationships terrify and mildly sicken me. :D
(16) Your birthdate: I was hatched from a Space Egg in 1984.
(17) Your age: 19
(18) Age you act: Between 7 and 40, at random.
(19) Age you wish you were: This is fine, but I forget how old I am. My first reaction to a question about my age is "15... no, 17... no, 19." Maybe someday I'll remember.
(20) Your height: I've been measured anywhere from 5'9"-5'11".
(21) The color of your eyes: They've been described as 'chocolate', I prefer 'mud'.
(22) Happy with it? Sure. I freak out about putting things in my eyes, so contacts are out of the question.
(23) The color of your hair: Dark brown, reddish-gold highlights when the light hits it.
(24) Happy with it? I've sworn that unless I have to play a role where it is absolutely crucial I change my hair color, I'm never dying it. It's too much of a hassle and there's no point. I'd look silly with any other color hair (except maybe black), anyway. I do hope it turns white when I get older, though.
(25) Left/right/ambidextrous? Right-handed.
(26) Your living arrangement? One efficiency apartment (which is pretty big, actually), alone. I would have pets, but they're not allowed, and I don't want to get in trouble. I am a wimp.
(27) Your family: Mom, Dad, my_left_toe (Nicole, who has abandoned her journal), dontbeatme (Gabriel), and Emma, who is 7 and thus too young for a LJ.
(28) Have any pets? My family has a cat and my youngest sister has a betta, but I have no critters.
(29) What's your job: I don't have one at the moment. Looking.
(30) Piercings? One hole in each ear that I rarely utilize. No desire for other piercings.
(31) Tattoos? None, and I can't imagine ever wanting one.
(32) Obsessions? I don't really have any obsessions anymore.
(33) Addictions? I don't know. I don't think I'm addicted to anything... maybe LJ.
(35) Do you speak another language? A teensy bit of Spanish.
(36) Have a favourite quote? Not that I can recall.
(37) Do you have a webpage? This LJ and my Deviantart page. ML is dormant.
DEEP THOUGHTS about life and you in it
(38) Do you live in the moment? I'm not sure. I think I'll try to live in the seven minutes ago, actually. I'll let you know how that goes.
(39) Do you consider yourself tolerant of others? If I'm likely to see them again in a formal setting (coworkers, church people, classmates), I'm generally very tolerant. The less likely I am to see them again, or the closer I am to them, the more likely I am to tell them how much I dislike them.
(40) Do you have any secrets? A couple.
(41) Do you hate yourself? Mere words cannot describe.
(42) Do you like your handwriting? My handwriting is terrible and rapidly getting worse due to my extensive use of the computer. Also, I write like a man! In summer school one year I forgot to put my name on a paper and the teacher handed it back. It circulated the back row (where the guys sat) for half an hour before I noticed it and claimed it. Apparently they didn't bother passing it up because they thought the handwriting was 'too masculine' to be a girl's.
(43) Do you have any bad habits? I bite my nails, I curse, I have a tendency to self-destruct in any way possible (which really, I don't see as a bad habit)
(44) What is the compliment you get most from people? "I like your drawings"
(45) If a movie was made about your life, what would it be called? My life isn't interesting enough to be a movie. A sitcom based on my house, though...
(46) What's your biggest fear? Failing. At everything and anything.
(47) Can you sing? Most people can - it's a lot like talking, just a bit more musical.
(48) Do you ever pretend to be someone else just to look cool? In order to pretend to be someone else, you must first know who you are.
(50) What are your no. 1 priorities in life? Get a job, get good grades, transfer to UT Austin, lose weight.
(51) If you were another person, would you be friends with you? The better I knew me, the more I would hate me.
(52) Are you a daredevil? Not really.
(53) Is there anything you fear or hate about yourself? My personality.
(54) Are you passive or aggressive? Not sure. It varies.
(55) Have you got a journal? A couple, all online.
(56) What is your greatest strength and weakness? I don't know. I don't know that I really have anything I'd call strengths.
(57) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I can't possibly pick just one thing. Maybe more self-control.
(58) There are three wells, love, beauty and creativity. You can only drink out of one. Which one would you drink of? Creativity. I miss it. I don't feel very creative of late.
(59) How do you vent? Usually some form of self-destructive behavior.
(60) Do you think you are emotionally strong? Not particularly.
(61) Is there anything you regret doing/not doing in life? Spending so much time on some people. At the moment, at least, it really seems like it wasn't anywhere near being worth it.
(62) Do you think life has been good so far? Yeah, actually. I'm very lucky.
(63) What is the most important lesson you've learned from life? Assume everyone is worth your time until they prove otherwise.
(64) What do you like the most about your body? I hate my hair the least. Usually. Right now it's rather hot... I need to find my hairclip.
(65) And least? How it looks, how it behaves (i'd like to be able to eat more than 500 calories a day and NOT gain weight, thanks)
(66) Do you think you are good looking? Not in the slightest. I actually think less of people who do.
(67) Are you confident? I prefer to think of myself as realistic, but I'm told my view is a bit off.
(68) What is the fictional character you're most like? No earthly clue.
(69) Do people know how you feel? Rarely.
(70) Are you perceived wrongly? Probably.
(71) Smoke? Yuck. No.
(72) Do drugs? I see no point. Ephedra royally fucked me up, so it scares me. Caffeine I generally don't consume.
(73) Read the newspaper? I don't subscribe to the paper, but if I have access to one and I'm bored, I'll gladly flip through it.
(74) Pray? Not really.
(75) Go to church? When I'm in Houston or when my mom visits me in San Antonio, I go to keep her happy. Left to my own devices, no.
(76) Talk to strangers who IM you? Few strangers IM me since I removed my screenname from my profiles on LJ and DA. But yes, unless they start off with "a/s/l?" "got a pic?" l337, netslang, or any other language I can't understand.
(77) Sleep with stuffed animals? Nope.
(78) Take walks in the rain? Sometimes. At home I keep my blinds drawn, so I don't always notice when it rains unless I have to go out in it. I walk to class in the rain and drip through lectures, though.
(79) Talk to people even though you hate them? I don't hate many people, and I usually avoid situations where I'd have to speak to them. I do speak (and am civil to) people I dislike unless the reason I dislike them comes up or they provoke me.
(80) Drive? Often. My poor Tahoe has had a good 3000 miles put on it in the past few weeks.
(81) Like to drive fast? Don't really care, so long as I get where I need to be on time.
WOULD OR HAVE YOU EVER...
(82) Liked your voice? When I was younger. I don't like it now.
(83) Hurt yourself? Often. I like the look of blood, and scars. And I have no sense of balance, so I often wind up with bruises from hitting things.
(84) Been out of the country? Nope.
(85) Eaten something that made other people sick? Not that I can recall.
(86) Had sex? Nope.
(87) Been unfaithful? Nuh-uh
(88) Been in love? Yeah.
(89) Done drugs? Did diet pills once. I hallucinated and shook so bad I couldn't hold things. Now diet pills scare me.
(90) Gone skinny dipping? *shudder* no.
(91) Had a medical emergency? I am surprisingly free of broken bones/hacked off limbs.
(92) Had a surgery? Nope.
(93) Ran away from home? No, though I thought about it when I was little. After extensive planning, I determined that I'd need to wait until I was old enough to get a job so I could take care of myself.
(94) Played strip poker? Nope.
(95) Gotten beaten up? Nope.
(96) Beaten someone up? Wopped Gabriel upside the head a few times, but he earned those. Not really.
(97) Been picked on? Everyone gets picked on. It's what kids do. But yeah, early on in elementary school I got picked on a lot. Can't say I blame the other kids, I would have hated me, too.
(98) Been on stage? Yeah, quite often, when I was younger.
(99) Been so drunk that you know you're supposed to go out on a date with someone, but you can't remember with who or when and that you faint when you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, not to mention your breath? That's oddly specific. And no, never been drunk.
(100) Slept outdoors? A few times.
(101) Thought about suicide? Many times.
(102) Pulled an all-nighter? A couple times, though I think most were more a basic inability to get to sleep rather than studying.
(103) If yes, what is your record? I don't remember.
(104) Gone one day without food? Yeah
(105) Talked on the phone all night? Not all night, that I can recall. My hatred for phones has grown over the years.
(106) Slept together with the opposite sex without actually having sex first(moms and daddys don't count)? Yep.
(107) Slept all day? Yep.
(108) Killed someone? Not as far as I know.
(109) Made out with a stranger? No.
(110) Had sex with a stranger? Nope.
(111) Thought you're going crazy? A couple times, but then again, I'm melodramatic.
(112) Kissed the same sex? Not in a romantic way.
(113) Done anything sexual with the same sex? Never.
(114) Been betrayed? Maybe, but again, I'm melodramatic and probably making things out to be much worse than they were.
(115) Had a dream that came true? Not that I remember.
(116) Broken the law? A few times. Random shit like missing stop signs. ooooooh, I'm so bad.
(117) Met a famous person? If I have, they must not have been very famous, because I don't remember.
(118) Masturbated? 95% of people admit to masturbating. The other 5% are lying. (I steal Set's answer!)
(119) Masturbated with something other then your hand? Yes.
(120) Have you ever killed an animal by accident? Probably a squirrel at some point. All the squirrels in this neighborhood are suicidal and indecisive.
(121) On purpose? Nope.
(122) Had sex? Nope. Hasn't this been asked?
(123) With more then 1 person? The idea of one person seeing me naked makes me ill. More than one would never, ever happen.
(124) Threesome? See above.
(125) Orgy? Nope.
(126) Whip cream? I have never whipped cream. And I don't see myself using it during sex, either. I don't see myself having any sex for at least a few more years.
(127) Bondage? Looks like fun, never really tried it.
(128) Whipped/gotten whipped? Nope. Aside from threatening the Pervert Crew with a little (fake) cat 'o nine tails in my car.
(129) Blindfolded? Not for sex.
(130) Tied someone up/been tied up? Not for sex.
(145) Told a secret you swore you wouldn't tell? Not that I can remember...
(146) Stolen anything? A few times.
(147) Been on radio/tv? I don't know about TV, but my high school band was on the radio for a few minutes at one point during my senior year. I think I plotted taking over the radio equipment.
(148) Been in a mosh-pit? No, in the concerts I've been to, I stand well away from them.
(149) Had a nervous breakdown? Possibly. Again with the melodrama.
(150) Considered religious vocation? Nope.
(151) Been criticized about your sexual performance? Nope.
(152) Bungee jumped? No, and me being a wimp who doesn't like hights will probably prevent it ever happening.
(153) Had a dream that kept coming back? A few. Mostly there's just a comon theme.
CLOTHES and other fashion shit
(154) Shoe brand? At the moment, no shoes! I usually wear my much-abused sandals from Oshmans. God only knows what brand they are.
(155) Brand of clothing? Anything that firts and is reasonably inexpensive.
(156) Cologne/perfume? Don't wear any, perfumes tend to make me sneeze.
(157) What are you normally wearing to school/work? pants, tank top, Big Black Jacket, sandals.
(158) How about parties? I don't go to parties of my own free will.
(159) Wear hats? I'd look stupid, and my head is too big.
(160) Judge other people by their clothing? Not unless they insist on being a stereotype. And I have a tendency to think higher of people wearing interesting things.
(161) Wear make-up? Not often. There's really very little point - it'd take more than some powder and goop to make me pretty.
(162) Favorite place to shop? thrift stores, wal-mart.
(163) Favorite article of clothing? Big Black Jacket.
(164) Are you trendy? Not that I've noticed. Are big ugly shapeless jackets 'in' this season?
(165) Would you rather wear a uniform to school? No.
(166) Believe in life on other planets? I like to hope.
(167) Miracles? Not sure.
(168) Astrology? Not really.
(169) Magic? I've not seen anything that would make me believe.
(170) God? I believe there is a God, I'm just fairly sure most religions are confused in their interpretation of him/her/it.
(171) Satan? Not really.
(172) Santa? I can't remember believing in him. I remember offering to put the presents under the tree so my parents could get some sleep when I was seven years old.
(173) Ghosts? Yes.
(174) Luck? Yeah, sort of.
(175) Love at first sight? No.
(176) Yin and Yang (that good can't exist without the bad)? Yeah.
(177) Witches? Yes.
(178) Easter bunny? No.
(179) Believe it's possible to remain faithful forever? Yes.
(180) Believe there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? I have never seen nor heard of someone seeing a pot of gold there, so no.
(181) Do you wish on stars? A few times when I was younger, but I never expected the wishes to come true.
DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS
(182) Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell? No.
(183) Do you think God has a gender? I doubt it.
(184) Do you think that science counteracts religion? Not necessarily.
(185) Do you believe in organized religion? I know for a fact it exists, but I don't follow any.
(186) Where do you think we go when we die? I don't know.
(187) Do you have any gay/lesbian friends? A couple.
(188) Who is your best friend? I don't know. I talk to Alex most.
(189) Who's the one person that knows most about you? Michael, probably.
(190) What's the best advice that anyone has ever given to you? "shut up"
(191) Your favorite inside joke? "MOTHEROFGOD" (that's the only one I can think of at the moment)
(192) Thing you're picked on most about? my appearance. By friends, my GOTHANGST/ acts of basic stupidity.
(193) Who's your longest known friend? Michael.
(194) Newest? Set.
(195) Shyest? No earthly clue. Maybe John.
(196) Funniest? All of them combined.
(197) Sweetest? I dunno.
(198) Closest? Alex is closest by a thin margin.
(199) Weirdest? In what way? Greg is weird in the "probably needs therapy" way. Gabriel is weird in a "stand-up comic" way.
(200) Smartest? Michael.
(201) Ditziest? Not sure.
(202) Friends you miss being close to the most? Michael, I guess. It sounds mean, but I don't really miss him. Mmmmm, apathy.
(203) Last person you talked to online? Set.
(204) Who do you talk to most online? Tish.
(205) Who are you on the phone with most? I avoid the phone at all costs. But I've probably spoken to Nicole over it most.
(206) Who do you trust most? No one.
(207) Who listens to your problems? Alex, via journalranting.
(208) Who do you fight most with? no one, really.
(209) Who's the nicest? Not sure.
(210) Who's the most outgoing? It varies. Probably Gabriel.
(211) Who's the best singer? No idea, as I've not heard most of them sing.
(212) Who's on your shit-list? Tish's Grandmother.
(213) Have you ever thought of having sex with a friend? In a few cases.
(214) Who's your second family? I have but one family.
(215) Do you always feel understood? No.
(216) Who's the loudest friend? Gabriel.
(217) Do you trust others easily? No.
(219) Name one person whose arms you feel safe in: No one.
(220) Do your friends know you? A couple. I think. I don't know.
(221) Friend that lives farthest away: Alex, up in Canada.
LOVE, and all that
(222) Did you get frightened or uncomfortable seeing that as a section title? No. It's really common in surveys.
(223) Do you remember your first love? Yes.
(224) Still love him/her? As a friend, I suppose. Haven't spoken to him or seen him in a while.
(225) Do you consider love a mistake? I consider my love a mistake.
(226) What do you find romantic? Not much, lately.
(227) Turn-on? Eh. Intelligence, sense of humor.
(228) Turn-off? I don't know, it depends on the person.
(229) First kiss? Kevin.
(231) If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? Sick. I get physically ill when complimented, and have been known to start crying and throwing up at the phrase "I love you".
(232) Do you prefer knowing someone before dating them or going "blind"? I don't enjoy the concept of dating.
(233) Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out? I don't care.
(235) Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive? Depends. Everyone has different criteria for what they consider 'physically attractive', so probably.
(236) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good looking? Not in the slightest. As I mentioned earlier, I think a lot less of people who do.
(237) What is best about the opposite sex? Hell if I know. They're all different.
(238) What is the worst thing about the opposite sex? See above.
(245) Do you read porn? Nope.
(246) Read the articles? Nope.
(248) What's the last present someone gave you? Umm... my aunt and uncle gave me a check for $40 for my birthday. Yay! it paid my electric bill.
(257) Are you in love? No.
(258) Do you consider your significant other hot? N/A
(264) What would you do if you were walking down the street and saw some hot guy/girl standing on the sidewalk? Look at them, keep walking. I have a habit of staring at attractive or remotely interesting-looking people.
THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES
(267) Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender? Often. Being a girl is aggravating.
(268) If you did experience that for one day, what would you do? One day wouldn't do much. One MONTH would be nice.
(269) What do you love most about the other gender? Varies from person to person.
(270) What do you dislike most? See above.
(271) What do you understand least about the opposite sex? I hate these questions.
(272) Honestly, what do you notice first in the opposite sex? Their body language, how they hold themselves, hand movements, etc. Then their face.
(273) What is your favorite possession? Either my computer or my car. Unfortunately, neither of those are technically mine, since I didn't pay for them. Dammit.
(274) What physical, tangible possession do you want most? Nothing, really.
(275) How badly do you want it? N/A
(276) Have you ever seen The Exorcist? Har har. And no.
(277) How long did it take for you to understand why the last question is in this section? About three seconds.