1. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? Depends on what I want. I have been known to get up, walk to the kitchen, examine the entire contents of the fridge, freezer, and pantry, then sit back down after eliminating all possibilities (because I either do not want to eat them, they have too many calories, or they would take too long to cook or clean up), only to repeat the routine ten minutes later. The only way to stop the cycle is to go to bed and hope something looks good in the morning.
2. Do you have a completely irrational fear? I have a habit of becoming irrationally afraid of things for no reason, and it often passes after a little while.
3. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments? I try to shrink into myself. If I am standing I will slouch to be shorter, duck my head a bit, suck in my stomach, hunch my shoulders, stand with my feet together, hands in pockets or crossed, and get very quiet. When anxiety is thrown into the mix I have a habit towards small, self-destructive actions - pulling on hair, digging my nails into my palms, scratching at my arms, picking at anything disrupting the surface of my skin, biting my lip, biting my fingers, bending and tearing at my nails, etc. If I have a pencil I'll make stabby-motions with the metal tip (it's always a mechanical pencil) into my fingertips and thigh.
4. Are you a pyromaniac? Nope. I'm actually quite wary of fire - having really long hair all my life has resulted in my being very careful when there's something around it could catch on, burn on, etc. It's long enough that if the ends caught fire, I might not notice. I love candles, because I love their scents. It bothers me when the wax doesn't melt away evenly, though, and irritates the fuck out of me when Gabe blows them out.
5. Do you know anyone famous? Nope.
6. Who would play you in a movie? I dunno. Some fat chick.
7. Do you know how to play poker? Nope. I learned how to play War and Go Fish, and have mostly forgotten those.
8. What do you carry with you at all times? Nothing, these days. Used to be at least one mechanical pencil, one eraser, one sharpie, and usually an exacto knife of some sort. Very useful. If I'm carrying anything, it's generally my wallet, water bottle, and car keys.
9. What is your beloved's name? Whatnow?
10. Do you like their given name? Whose?
11. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? Sometimes. Not always. Not even usually. I get irritated with everyone a whole lot.
12. What is your ideal marriage location? Don't have one.
13. What smell do you find sexy? I can't think of any, really. I don't know.
14. What's the one language you want to learn? Latin. Damned language, being dead. Failing that, Hebrew, Greek, and Arabic.
15. How do you eat an apple? Like this: "CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP". Ideally I slice it first.
16. What do you order at a bar? Never been to one. Only been 21 for a little while.
17. Have you ever pierced your body parts? Ears, though they grew over after a while. My mom re-stabbed 'em with an earring one night, and they stayed pierced.
18. Do you have tattoos? No.
19. Do you drive a stick? Nope.
20. What's one trait you hate in a person? Willful ignorance.
21. What's one car you will never buy? Hummer. Oh god, even if it wasn't a gas-guzzling monster (not that the Tahoe of Doom is all that much better, but it's what I've got), it's ugly as hell.
22. What kind of books do you like to read? Fiction. I don't read much. Hardly at all, really.
23. If you don't like a person, how do you show it? I avoid them. I don't speak to them, try to avoid replying if they speak to me.
24. What's one thing you like to do alone? Most things.
25. Favorite communication method? AIM, I suppose.
26. Do you watch a lot of television? Addicted to the CSIs and now to House. Damn Hugh Laurie and his snark-ridden pheremones.
27. What is your hidden talent? I don't have one.
28. Would you die to save the life of someone you deeply love? Probably, though I'm hard-pressed to imagine a situation where I'd need to. I do not live in an action movie.
29. Do you own a Bible? I personally own about five. We have a whole shelf of them, to say nothing of the bible study books.
30. What version is it? We have all different ones, usually NIV.
31. Do you play chess? I learned how when I was younger, and have since forgotten.
32. What was your first job? Cashier/salesperson at Texas Art Supply. I loved it. I still miss that job.
33. Do you believe in God? Sometimes.
34. Have you ever stolen a sign? No. Though I did stop my car in the middle of a road to get a hubcap lying on the street for Nicole once, because it seemed the type of random thing she'd like. She didn't. It hung out in our garage before vanishing.
35. Lastly, what is your first name, and what does it mean? Jenni. Short for Jennifer, derivitive of Guinevere, which means "White, fair, fair-haired" and the like. I have olive skin, dark brown hair, and I tan under 40-watt bulbs. Not so fitting.
I keep trying to do the "What would your self of 11 years ago think of you if s/he showed up today?" and "what would you say to your 16/18 year-old self" memes, but every time I do, no matter how positive I try to start out, it ends up with "Oh for fucks sake, just kill yourself."
Silly mood swings.
Sometimes I look at ebay auctions for art - not stuff being sold by the people on my friendslist, though sometimes it's posted in a community - and I wonder how the HELL I and a number of other people I know haven't made buttloads of money selling drawings and paintings. Given the absolute crap that people actually buy...
Again, not anything posted by you folks. But ugh.
David and Gabe are making strange noises upstairs. NOT LIKE THAT, you perverts. Noises with guitar and bass and drum and clarinet. I am not sure how that works, since in theory they ought to have run out of arms.