Unless Rita starts angling towards us and/or becomes a Category 5 real quick, we're not evacuating. Our neighbor's daughter actually came to get her (we were very surprised) and took her to San Marcos. Our grandparents look to be going to Katy with my aunt and uncle, and a different aunt and uncle might be staying with us instead. We've got food and water, hopefully enough for a while. Our house is a sturdy fortress of concrete and steel, and the most damage we're expecting is maybe some of the windows (there are a lot) to give up the ghost, and some flooding - though we're likely to get flooding in terms of inches, not feet. The current forecast seems to indicate we'll be getting big fat thunderstorms and wind, but not the brunt of it. Here's hoping.
Needless to say, if the power goes out, I won't be available. Our internet connection rolls over and dies if a stiff breeze heads through Houston, so I'm not expecting it to survive the first round of thunderstorms.
We'll see how this goes, I guess.