|| 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 ||
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Walked for college graduation. I didn't walk for my Bachelor's or first Master's. Also helped someone pick out a wedding dress.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope, and probably. Because I do not learn.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several LJ friends spawned, including n3m3sis42 and dinnercakes (possibly one or two more people whose usernames escape me at the moment), and former Laurels staffer David R. and his wife Gaby had a baby in July, and another Laurels person, Jasia, had a baby in... November, I think. BABIES EVERYWHERE.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one really close. A cousin I'd never met (second cousin? My great-aunt's son) died a little over a week ago of a heart attack.
5. What countries did you visit?
Once again stayed within the confines of my hometown.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A job. Some life goals.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
Can't think of any.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating, I guess.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not losing weight/working out/eating healthily for longer than a couple weeks at a time. GRE scores; that's a big one. My writing score was abysmal and my subject test score was crap.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Fewer illnesses this year than normal, I suspect due to my brother not bartending for most of the time (whenever he bartends, he picks up a lot of colds, which he then transmits to me because he does not cover his mouth while coughing or sneezing because he is an ass, and I always take three times as long to get over them as he does). I did manage to sneak in a last-minute Cold of Doom this year, just in time for Christmas and all the pre-Christmas business. It's still not gone, and I expect I'll likely have it for as long as another week.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
No idea. Oh, wait, I technically bought Nicole's wedding dress. She paid me back really quick; she just had to get it that day because of a major sale (she got it for less than 1/4 the original cost, and it's gorgeous) and they couldn't hold it. But that was definitely a good purchase.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Most of my friends were pretty awesome this year, as usual.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lots of people's, fortunately mostly no one I know personally. Though I'm more than a bit disappointed in Youngest Sister and her Gabriel-like partying ways. On the one hand, I know she's not Gabriel. On the other hand, I worry. My grandparents have also been rather ornery this year. And a friend who has sort of drifted away has become kind of an ass, which saddens me. I thought you were cool, bro! But you aren't.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I actually earned some money this year, from grandma-sitting. It is in a savings account. Some of it went towards Christmas presents.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I don't remember getting super-excited about anything in particular.I might have, but I've forgotten by now.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Not sure. There were a lot of songs.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Happier or sadder: Not sure. Sadder, I think.
Thinner or fatter: Slightly fatter, in spite of my efforts.
Richer or poorer: Slightly richer, due to grandma-sitting monies.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising, job-hunting. Writing, drawing. Studying for the GREs.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time. Stressing.
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve lunch/gift-exchange with family. It went well. We did a Secret Santa gift exchange for the first time, which was lots of fun.
21. What was your favorite month of 2011?
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No, though a few crushes amped up pretty sharply, which is always depressing because they are not and probably will not ever be reciprocated.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee, Misfits, Parks & Rec, Community, Modern Family.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I know I must have read some non-studying books, but I can't for the life of me remember them.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Don't think there were any this year.
28. What did you want and get?
Octopus-related things for Christmas. Well done, friends and family.
29. What did you want and not get?
Still waiting on that pony.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I think the only movie I saw was The Muppets, which I enjoyed.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27, and it was a normal day. My mom used to insist we do a big family dinner at a restaurant, but the place we always went lost their lease and closed down, so it was just a normal day. A Tuesday, I think, which means I also went to open mic.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Some sort of idea what I'm doing with my life. The ability to sleep properly.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
"Cover that shit up, no one wants to see it." Same as always.
34. What kept you sane?
Being too tired to go proper crazy.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love Darren Criss, I do. Crazy, ridiculous facial expressions and constantly-fluttering eyebrows and all.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay rights, universal health care.
37. Who did you miss?
The same people I always miss.
38. Who were the best new people you met?
The people at the Tuesday open mic; they're pretty nifty.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
I have no idea what I am doing.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can't think of any. Dang.
This entry was originally posted at http://jenni-the-odd.dreamwidth.org/14154.html. You can comment here or there; it matters only that you comment PLEASE I NEED THE ATTENTION OH GOD PLEASE LOVE ME *SOB*.