||2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 ||
1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
Went regularly to therapy, I think. If three sessions counts as "regularly." It was pretty awful and I am glad I quit. I'm currently in four different tabletop RPG campaigns, which I have never done before, so there's that.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not so much. And I probably will, because I never learn.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so, though I could be wrong. There were a lot of pregnancy announcements.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A family friend who'd gone to high school with my middle sister, was so good to her (and to us) after Emma died, and who was living with my parents, died. He was in a car crash and in a coma for almost a month. An online friend I've known basically since I first got online--we're talkong 15 year-old idiot me on Wheel of Time RP sites, Elfwood, and shit--passed away suddenly shortly before Christmas. We weren't super close, but seeing her posts and comments was such a regular thing. Her art was some of the first that I looked at and thought "I want to draw like that." I remember saving some of her artwork to study it and figure out cel shading.
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the US, as always.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Purpose. A proper job.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory?
Election day was pretty horrific.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know. Maybe the dice tray I decorated? I'm actually pretty proud of it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Didn't get rid of my incompletes. Still didn't graduate. Didn't lose weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing that really stands out.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The materials to make my creepy-ass dice tray. I liked that a lot.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
A lot of friends graduated, and I am very proud of them. My brother's been doing pretty well, too.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The American electorate.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Don't know that there was any one big money sink this year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
D&D, most often. We
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Anything on the Hamilton soundtrack. Also "Closer," by The Chainsmokers and Halsey, as we discovered it's Mary's Berserk Button and so Todd and I sing/talk it at her. A lot.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Happier or sadder: The same? I think?
Thinner or fatter: Slightly fatter.
Richer or poorer: Bit poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Excercise, study. You know. The shit I'm supposed to do.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I should probably say sleep, but I love sleep. It's my favorite.
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Went to my parents' lake house. We're finding that the easiest place; there's no memories of Emma there. She would have loved it, though.
21. What was your favorite month of 2016?
Not sure I had a favorite month.
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
No, just a few crushes.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Brooklyn Nine-Nine was consistently wonderful.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Trying to remember if I even read a book for fun... don't think I did.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Probably the Hamilton soundtrack. Listened to it so many times. Except the songs about his son; I can't listen to those. Anything where a parent loses a kid, it just wrecks me. I can't do it.
28. What did you want and get?
Mostly way too many dice. I have a dice problem.
29. What did you want and not get?
I didn't want a whole lot of things.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I loved Star Wars. I saw it about a month after everyone else I know, but I loved it so much I saw it I think three or four times. I think the only other movies I saw were Captain America: Civil War and Rogue One. The Star Wars movies won the year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
"Cover that shit up, no one wants to see it." Same as always.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The entire cast of Star Wars. Also Lin-Manuel Miranda, because "brilliant creative dork" is so my type it hurts.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election in general. Dear lord. The day after election day was horrible.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who were the best new people you met?
Didn't *meet* him for the first time, but started getting to know Todd when he joined our D&D group, and it turns out he's a delight. Also got to know some of the 2nd/3rd years better when they moved into our office and I actually began spending time with them.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
Things don't stop.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I honestly can't think of any.
This entry was originally posted at http://jenni-the-odd.dreamwidth.org/20368.html. You can comment here or there; it matters only that you comment PLEASE I NEED THE ATTENTION OH GOD PLEASE LOVE ME *SOB*.